Summer Intensive Registrations Now Open!
It is with much enthusiasm that Bay Shore Ballet will be able to offer
Ballet Intensive July 2020
Because of safety guidelines and restrictions given, we will offer two intensives
July 6th through August 1st as follows:
Junior Apprentice Intensive
Rising 6th graders to rising 8th graders (Levels V-VI)
on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 10:00am to 1:30pm
Senior Company Intensive
Rising 9th graders to Graduates (Junior and Senior Company)
on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays 10:00am to 1:45pm
Director Ms. Carole, Ms.Tracy Peters, Ms. Kristiana Bell and Ms. Stephanie Barfield will be the primary instructors for both intensives. In addition, Emily Taylor and Abby Kiernan, senior dancers of the Bay Shore Ballet Academy will also be teaching the Junior Intensive.
The curriculum for the intensives will include a variety of classes: technique, pointe and pre-pointe, jazz, modern, choreography, stretch, dance history with videos, as well as variations from the classics such as Swan Lake, Giselle, Sleeping Beauty and excerpts from Cinderella.
Safety of our students and staff is a priority for the academy this summer.
Listed below are distancing guidance and plans
for class to keep everyone safe:
1. All parents and family need to wait outside (on the porch, or in cars, or extra seating on the lawn) during class. No parents or family allowed inside.
2. Dancers take the bacterial wipes provided outside to open the door. Dancers will be given hand sanitizer upon entering. Dance bags can be left on the floor on the bench or on the floor by the bench, not in the o. All places for dancers to stand for the barre will be marked by markings with duct tape on the floor. These will be marked at 7 ft. apart. All barres will be swabbed and disinfected before class.
3. If necessary during class, No more than 3 dancers at a time will be allowed to be in the office to use the restroom. Hand disinfectant will be always available in the office and in the studio. Dancers should use disinfectant wipes to open bathroom door and close it, and to use disinfectant wipes to flush and dancers should wash hands thoroughly with soap for 30 seconds before leaving the bathroom.
4. All dancers, after the barre, dancers will dance in the center work line by line, with one or two lines at a time with 7 feet apart, and move forward when their combinations are finished. All teacher corrections will be given from a distance, with the teachers standing far back from the dancers.
5.Dancers at the barre will stand at intervals marked by duct tape at 7 ft. apart. All barres will be disinfected before classes and dancers can only touch the area of barre at their marked area and only during barre time. Barres will then be disinfected again, and also at the end and beginning of every class.
All center exercises will be designed to dance in place or very minimally to keep dancers well spaced. Some dancers will stand in the front of the class by the front mirrors and use chair supports that are disinfected before and after the barre. Dancer's going across the floor will go 2x2 keeping good spacing. Dancers will be asked to stay 7 ft. apart around the entire perimeters of the room.
6. Attendance is optional at parents discretion, and parents agree not to hold the Academy liable for any possible illness. Dancers feeling unwell should be able to return to their home immediately.
Because of the above guidelines, the number of dancers allowed in the studio is limited. Please review the attached enrollment form and waiver for intensive and mail to Ms. Carole at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your continued support for Bay Shore Ballet Academy. We look forward to seeing our Junior Apprentice dancers and our Senior Intensive dancers at the studio in July!
Because of the Corona-Virus Outbreak we will not be able to offer summer camp for our youger dancers.